Bosch 3-1/4" PHO 2-82 Hand Held Planer with a Spiral Cutterhead
No Load Rotation Speed: 13 000 RPM
Planing Width: 3-1/4"
Rabbeting Depth: 3/4"
Planting Depth: 0 to 5/64"
Efficient Dust Extraction
The spiral cutterhead provides the following advantages:
* Smoother Finish with no tear-out. Each knife sits at a slight angle and produces a shear cut. Spiral cutterhead planes board in the staggered cut which is much better than a single straight cut. The combined shear and staggered cut eliminates tear-out and leaves a glossy surface finish on even highly figured hardwood.
* Noise is hugely reduced as the spiral cutterhead allows a few knives to cut in a staggered way.
* More than 10 times the life use of high-speed steel. The 15x15x2.5mm inserts are made of sintered tungsten carbide which is more complicated and harder than high-speed steel. Each insert has four edges.
* Easy to change. The knives are precision ground to a tolerance of +/-0.0004" or +/-0.01mm and are interchangeable. Loosen the screw, rotate 90° for a new edge, and tighten the insert in minutes. It cuts your production time by 30%.
* Dust extraction is more straightforward. The spiral cutterhead produces thinner and shorter chips.
* Low cost to use. Spiral cutterheads produce a smoother finish, reduce or eliminate sanding work, and don't require sharpening, your products will pay for themselves in a concise time.
Ask Question About Product