Spiral Cutterhead for JET 12'' jointer-planer JPT-310 with 56 carbide knives
Woodworkers are now retrofitting spiral cutterheads to their old planers, jointers for the following advantages.
* Smoother Finish with no tear-out. Each knife sits at a slight angle and produces shear-cut . Spiral cutterhead planes board in a staggered way which is much better than single straight cut. The combined shear and staggered cut eliminates tear-out and leaves a glossy surface finish on even highly figured hardwood.
* Noise is dramatically reduced as spiral cutterhead allows a few knives to cut in a staggered way.
* More than 10 times the life use of high-speed steel. The 15x15x2.5mm inserts are made of sintered tungsten carbide which is much harder than high-speed steel. Each insert has four edges.
* Easy to change. The knives are precision ground to a tolerance of +/-0.0004" or +/-0.01mm and are interchangeable. Loosen the screw, rotate 90° for a new edge, tighten the insert in minutes.
* Dust extraction is easier. Spiral cutterhead produces thinner and shorter chips.
* Low cost to use. Spiral cutterheads produce a smoother finish, reduce or eliminate sanding work, don't require sharpening, your product will pay for itself in a very short time.
Ask Question About Product
|Material of Cutterblock||Alloy Steel|
|No. of Spirals||4|
|No. of Carbide Inserts||56|
|Carbide Insert Size||15x15x2.5mm R150 30°|
|No. of Additional Knives||5|
|No. of Additional Screws||5|
|No. of Wrenches||1|