Spiral Cutterhead for Metabo DH330 Bench Thicknesser OEM size with 40 caribide cutters
Woodworkers are now retrofitting spiral cutterheads to their old planers, jointers for the following advantages.
* Smoother Finish with no tear-out. Each knife sits at a slight angle and produces shear-cut . Spiral cutterhead planes board in a staggered way which is much better than a single straight cut. The combined shear and staggered cut eliminates tear-out and leaves a glossy surface finish on even highly figured hardwood.
* Noise is dramatically reduced as spiral cutterhead allows a few knives to cut in a staggered way.
* More than 10 times the life use of high-speed steel. The 15x15x2.5mm inserts are made of sintered tungsten carbide which is much harder than high-speed steel. Each insert has four edges.
* Easy to change. The knives are precision ground to a tolerance of +/-0.0004" or +/-0.01mm and are interchangeable. Loosen the screw, rotate 90° for a new edge, tighten the insert in minutes.
* Dust extraction is easier. Spiral cutterhead produces thinner and shorter chips.
* Low cost to use. Spiral cutterheads produce a smoother finish, reduce or eliminate sanding work, don't require sharpening, your product will pay for itself in a very short time.
The cutting circle of version is close to that of the original cutterhead with HSS blade. We name it OEM version. The carbide inserts are removed after dynamic balance is completed. After the cutterblock is placed into the planer, install the 40 carbide inserts to the cutterblock. You can cut up to 1/8" per pass maximum. Disadvantage is that you will have to spend half an hour or so to install all the carbide inserts to the cutterblock.
Follow the followings steps when you install the carbide inserts.
Ask Question About Product
|Material of Cutterblock||Alloy Steel|
|No. of Spirals||4|
|No. of Carbide Inserts||40pcs|
|Carbide Insert Size||15x15x2.5mm R150 30°|
|Screw Size||T25 10#-32TPI|
|No. of Additional Knives||5|
|No. of Additional Screws||5|
|No. of Wrenches||1|
|No. of Bearings||2|